Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Home Styles St Croix Pier/Audio Cabinet, Black

Home Styles St Croix Pier/Audio Cabinet, BlackI purchased this to hold audio equipment and was able to get free shipping which saved $91! I was very excited by this. Our TV is above our fireplace and wanted a piece of furniture to hold the usually equipment: Amp, Cable Box, PS3, Wii, Squeezebox, and a HTPC. First I'll touch on the install. I put this together by myself and it went fairly well, seem like it was well made...except... the top curved piece did not line up with the one side rail. I over looked this as it wasn't that noticeable. The storage drawer rubs the decretive piece above it, this is rather annoying. I tried adjusting all kinds of things but still doesn't fix the issue. I will have sand down the decorative piece and stain it to match, very disappointed (minus one star). I've purchased a lot of boxed furniture in the past and this is definitely on the higher end of the scale.

Now onto the functionality and why it lost another star. The space in-between the two side rails is not wide enough to slide the amp and cable box through without tilting them a good bit to fit them in the front. If you're going to call this an audio cabinet, how about audio equipment can slide through the front of it! For almost $400 I am very disappointed. I had to cut a section of the back board off and slide equipment in the back as I would have had to have the cable box and amp sitting outside of the cabinet to hook the wires up and I then would not have been able to angle both of them to fit them into the cabinet. I cut about 1.5 Ft off the back board so I could see all the jacks on the amp and cable box. This worked well as the equipment blocks most of the back.

This would have been perfect if it was an inch or two wider and more care was taken with manufacturing so the drawer worked properly. This doesn't work for much more than a deep bookshelf and should be advertised as such. I guess this is the price I pay for buying furniture online, won't make that mistake again. Should have waiting for a sale at a local furniture store.

Save 37% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment