Saturday, May 24, 2014

Umbra Flip Wall-Mount Multi Hook

Umbra Flip Wall-Mount Multi Hook, EspressoUPDATE ((I've now had this hook rack for 2 years and it is still exceptional. It was so nice that we took it off the wall and with us when we moved across the country. We happen to have a coat closet in our new apartment but brought this along because we new we could use it somewhere. I am still surprised by the quality of the materials. This hook rack held some of the heaviest coats for months at a time. Everything is in great shape still and I would recommend them to anyone. I have not got a single complaint with this product))

Original: I bought this product because I didn't want a coat rack.

This came well packaged. I was worried how I would affix it to the wall and if I would have to find studs in the wall. The company went around this problem by including plastic plugs to insert in the wall first and then drill screws into the plugs. It came with a paper diagram of how to space the screws.

The product went up easily and is so sturdy I bet I could do a pullup on it. It also comes in a dark espresso color. This exceeded my expectations and looks great too.

Great looking very modern. Space saving is excellent to put in a hallway if your garage entrance is in a narrow area like mine. Unobtrusive and holds different kinds of coats just fine. I have a heavy trench, a puffy jacket, a lightweight jacket and a leather motorcycle jacket hanging on mine at any given time.

Mounting is a cinch and anyone can do it. You should have a drill, but technically, you can do the entire job with some creativity using simply a screwdriver. Comes with all the hardware you need and a template to make sure you put the holes on the wall in the right place. Be sure to have a level to make sure your template is straight before drilling!

This has been on my wall for a few months and holding up just fine. Everyone that sees it thinks it is great. Two people I know have purchased one. In fact, I'm writing this because I noticed there were no reviews as I was adding one to my cart to buy my second one!

Buy Umbra Flip Wall-Mount Multi Hook Now

Excellent coat rack for a hallway or area where you don't want protruding hooks. Looks sleek when hooks are in either position. Holds everything I have hung on it securely, from heavy coats to aprons to clothes on hangers. Nice quality, smooth operation of hooks. This is my second purchase of this coat rack. Both the natural and dark finishes are very nice. The dark looks much more formal.

Read Best Reviews of Umbra Flip Wall-Mount Multi Hook Here

It's a good-looking and sleek rack, although a bit pricey for what you get. The hooks are a bit close together, and hanging up anything bulky, like winter parkas, on two consecutive hooks would be a tight fit.

However, as this rack comes with only two drywall screws for mounting, it's not really designed to hold 5 parkas in the first place. It does hold four lighter jackets of mine rather well though. I wouldn't trust it for hanging much more than that without ripping through the drywall.

The rack is mounted by using a template to drill two drywall screws with plastic anchors into the wall. You must leave the screw heads about 1/4" out of the wall so the heads can slide into two keyhole slots cut into the back of the rack itself. For that reason, even if you did drill the screws into studs, the rack is really hanging onto the two screw heads only. I wouldn't load up the rack with a heavy load since I'd basically be testing to see if the drywall gave out before the screw heads tore through their slots.

I do like the rack. It looks quite slick, and it's nice for mounting behind a door as it doesn't protrude too far from the wall and the unused hooks can fold up out of the way. I would give it another star if it had better support, such as screw holes drilled all the way through the rack with a metal bracket. I'd also give it another star if it were a bit cheaper, because there really isn't too much material there--you're just paying extra for the novelty of the design.

Want Umbra Flip Wall-Mount Multi Hook Discount?

The looks and function of this rack are great. We purchased 3 to put up in our home and really like the.

The mounting slots are 12inches apart, making it difficult (impossible) to stud mount with 16inch spacing. The do provide drywall plugs for use, but I prefer to mount something like this to the studs.

Also, I would like to see a direct mounting design, not the slide lock design that this rack has. If pulled upward, the whole mount slides off the wall. Some fine tuning of the screw depth helps with this, but I would like to see the screws go through the unit and into the wall, not in the wall and the unit slides onto them.

All-in-all, good rack for light weight items.

Save 3% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment