Saturday, May 24, 2014

Winsome Wood 4-Tier A-Frame Shelf, Espresso

Winsome Wood 4-Tier A-Frame Shelf, EspressoMy house was built in the 20s, so there is very limited closet space and the places you can put shelves are awkwardly small. I thought this sort of shelf would be perfect in my bathroom if only a couple of inches too wide to let the door open all the way. When the time came to buy one, I was astounded at the price of them! Amazon has a few that are cheaper, but they catch you with $30 shipping costs. This particular shelf is eligible for Prime which I love to use. I'd searched and searched for one of a comparable price, but hadn't found anything else that didn't gut me on shipping or wasn't entirely too large. So, I broke down and bought this shelf last week.

The shelf got here in record time (way to go UPS and Amazon!), and I really excited to get it put together and start organizing my new home. I pulled the shelf out of the box and it was remarkably dirty. I mean, every piece of this shelving unit was covered in saw dust and silty dirt. I pull out all the screws, the directions, and start dusting off all the pieces. The color is dark espresso supposedly, but I'd err on the side of caution and say that this is more black than anything else. In espresso, you can still see the brown. This is black until direct natural light hits it and then you can see the reddish undertones. Fortunately, this works in my bathroom, but for those of you looking for more brown than black, go elsewhere.

Anyhow, so I start checking out all the pieces. It is fairly self-explanatory on how to put the whole thing together, but I notice that the edges are very rough/sharp. The wood is fairly cheap and dry, so I can see how it may not hold up well in humidity or be the best bet for a child's bedroom. There are scratches on it straight out of the box that are noticable since the stain is so dark. So, to Lowe's I will go for a stain pen to fix the scratches.

There are a few positives to this particular shelf. Most of the holes on the shelf match up some better than others but for the most part the ease of putting it togeter is good. You will need a rubber mallet or a hammer to get the wooden pegs in the holes for the bottom shelf, but this isn't a big deal. All the pieces were included in the correct number, they include the necessary tool in case you don't have your own set of allen wrenches, and, while I had a little difficulty at the beginning, it was relatively easy to put together with only one person.

Frankly, I normally would have returned this piece, but I cannot wait for shelving in my home any longer and I've been searching for ages so I realize this is about as good as it's going to get for the price. I'd have let a lot more of this stuff slide if it had been a $40-$50 shelf instead of a $70 shelf. I expect a little more for $70. Would I order from this company again? No, given that their prices stay the same.

Well i read plenty of reviews that said this shelf came with problems and i thought "not me!" I'll get a good one! HA Ha Ha Ha!! From the start the packaging was partly open then came inspection. Part of one of the shelves was scratched pretty badly. Thought i'd just put the scratch toward the back (forgot and its in the front, shouldn't have been my problem). Putting it together was ridiculous! The screws were way to big for the holes and they didn't line up correctly. One of the shelves split, there is a piece that goes on the shelf that i thought was for the front to finish it off but it is the back but it was in NO way straight. I kept thinking, "why do i keep putting this together, why not send it back?" I wish i would have but i have come to believe this is what this company wants. They know its easier to just put it together than get it partly together, undo it, put it back in the box, take it to UPS and ship it back. There fore they do not care about the crappy work they do on their product. Sad really. I was so excited about the shelf. Next time i will go some where else.

Buy Winsome Wood 4-Tier A-Frame Shelf, Espresso Now

Not good....I have bought several 'flat pack' items, many of far east country origin, this shelf unit is bar far the worst. Shipping boxes thin and will likely have damage on receipt (both of mine had severed taping and torn cardboard, which led to chipping of contents. But worst was very poor finishing of wood prior to stain being applied ,appears as though nothing was sanded or cleaned before finish was applied....rough to the touch and inconsistant color, would have been better just going to B*g L**s. Had to saw a piece in each box to fit (the strengthener under the bottom shelf). If boxes were intact enough I would return product. I would not put much weight on it as shelves only thin.

Read Best Reviews of Winsome Wood 4-Tier A-Frame Shelf, Espresso Here

Too bad! Nice product for the money if you don't mind doing the job for the company you paid to deliver. The manufacturer seems not to have quality control. One of the shelves had no holes whatsoever. Four drilled holes in each shelf are essential in the assembly of this product. It was either take the time and expense to return the product, drill the holes myself, or use the faulty shelf and take a chance on the shelf eventually falling. My time is too valuable to do the job for a company I've paid for their product. In business as in life, you have one chance to make a first impression. My advice to the buyer, be prepared for frustration Winsome doesn't check components before shipping and leaves the quality control to the customer. Too bad for the customer!

Want Winsome Wood 4-Tier A-Frame Shelf, Espresso Discount?

Where in the world did these come from? They were actually impossible to put together, holes were way to small on a few holes and way to big on others nothing matched up. I actually had to hire someone to fix the holes!! I would have sent them back but shipping would have cost more than to try to have them fixed (by the way, they cracked upon fixing beause they were poorly poorly made! NO WAY! don't waste your time!

Save 56% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment