Tuesday, June 17, 2014

ClosetMaid 3-Shelf Laminate Stacker Organizer

ClosetMaid, 3-Shelf Laminate Stacker Organizer, White, 898700I should have checked the reviews for other colors of this organizer, because I was very disappointed to find that the unit is not tall enough to accommodate three of the recommended cloth drawers I purchased with the unit. It will only fit two.

However, if you take the time to tighten down the screws with a power screwdriver or drill with screwdriver bit attachment, it's a very solid unit and quite sturdy. My only other complaint is that the shelf supports are so slick that the shelves will slide right off them when you pull out a drawer. If I'd had a router, I would have put shallow grooves for the shelf support "tabs" to sit in, but as I did not, I settled for laying a single layer of electrical tape on the tops of these tabs. The tape's rubbery surface added enough friction that my lightly-filled drawers no longer pull the shelves clean out, but if you're planning on loading the drawers with something heavier than hats, mittens and scarves, I'd get a friend to router out the grooves or find another way to secure the shelves.

I bought two of these for my wifes closet. Once assembled I used silicone cement to glue the shelves in place. This prevents the shelves from sliding around. I laid them on their side on the top shelf of her closet. Works great for sweaters and all the folded things that go on that shelf and have a tendency to tumble over or out of the closet when one item is pulled out. These units are cheaply made; the backs are not solid but of cardboard but they work like a dream for this application so, five stars from me. I'm going to buy two more for my closet.

Buy ClosetMaid 3-Shelf Laminate Stacker Organizer Now

This shelf unit is exactly what they advertise.

If you want to fit the fabric drawers in it, you can, but only 2. The third shelf is then a few inches tall, perfect for a few books, magazines, etc.

It's not the BEST construction, but it is laminate, none of them are. For laminate, this one is sturdy and looks nice.

Read Best Reviews of ClosetMaid 3-Shelf Laminate Stacker Organizer Here

SERIOUSLY do not waste your money. This shelf is cheaply made. It DOES NOT fit 3 storage bins! The worst part is that the shelves will fall down at the slightest movement, so even if you try to position the shelves with only two storage boxes, every time you try to take a box out the shelf falls down. How can this be advertised as "kid storage" when the shelves fall down so easily. This is dangerous to have around small children.

Want ClosetMaid 3-Shelf Laminate Stacker Organizer Discount?

I bought this unit to go in my closet for extra storage. I knew it was made of particle board, so I didn't expect it to be wonderful, but at $25.00 I thought it would at least be something that would hold together and provide decent storage for the three closet maid canvas boxes that I bought to go with the shelf. When I got it I was shocked at how poorly made it was. The particle board isn't even tightly compressed, it is basically a bunch of large wooden chunks slathered together with the absolute smallest amount of glue holding them together. There are pre-cut holes to show you where the screws are supposed to go, but the particleboard is so flimsy it will end up breaking apart on at least 2-3 of the screws as you put them in. The edges of the shelves are not all white, only one side of each piece is laminated, the rest are raw board, the picture in the advertisement was taken at a perfect angle as to leave out all the non-laminated areas. The shelves themselves are not held in at all, but rather sit lightly on plastic pegs that fit into holes on the inside of the unit. This means you can not lay the shelf on its side, it HAS to stand up, or the shelves will fall over. The plastic tabs are very flimsy and slippery, whenever you touch a shelf it will slide off the pegs and drop to floor. (Really! I'm not exaggerating, lol) The back "paneling" of this organizer is just cardboard (not laminate or actual panneling literally cardboard.) Finally, the unit is called a "ClosetMaid 3 shelf stacker organizer", and the picture shows it with three evenly spaced shelves. ClosetMaid also sells canvas baskets to go with their units, but even though the picture (and the dimensions of the unit) lead you to believe that it will hold three baskets, it wont! It will only hold two, with large gaps of wasted space at the top of each basket, and the third shelf sitting about 4 inches from the top like a sad worthless appendage. All in all I was completely shocked by the terrible piece of junk ClosetMaid had the audacity to actually sell.

Save 13% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment