
Like a lot of reviewers for this product online, I bought mine at Big Lots for $79.99. And yes, it is the exact same product from Ameriwood. It was difficult to find in stock, to be sure my ex-husband was out of town one day and found one at a Big Lots there and bought it for me. I assembled it by myself and it was not hard...but I have a lot of experience with build-it-yourself furniture, which definitely helps. I had only one small issue one of the cam bolts holes was drilled too close to the edge and a small chunk of wood fell out but it's on the inside so who cares? I am getting another one to put in my dining area truly, it's so cute and a lot more spacious than it looks. So much better than the utility cabinet type pantries. If they made it in white, I would buy one for my bedroom. If you can't find it in a local Big Lots, then $139 is a lot to pay BUT, you would not be disappointed, trust me. I am a female furniture builder from way back. It is a much cheaper way to go and the pride you feel when finished is worth it!! I probably would have paid the $139 eventually, had I not been able to find it at a Big Lots. However, there are about 10 Big Lots within a 100 mile radius of me so I am on the hunt to find a store that has another one!

I should have paid more attention to other reviews. My husband and I purchased this pantry to hold my cookbooks in the kitchen. It would have been perfect IF we could have put it together without too much trouble. Therein lies the problem... the bottom shelf did not line up well with the sides, and we had to try to take it apart and put it back together again. When we did, the pressboard crumbled and there was no way to salvage it. We were already a good 2 hours into putting it together at that point, and this frustration led to a good hour of marital discord. We decided this furniture was not worth our grief, and it ended up in the dumpster. I emailed Amazon with an explanation and received a partial refund. I did see this piece all put together at a local Big Lots, and it seemed quite nice and sturdy and would have been perfect for our kitchen I would say that if you have above-average experience with RTA furniture, go for it. Though my husband and I have put together other furniture in the past, this one stumped us. We ended up with a foldable mission-style bookcase instead-took it out of the box, set it up, no problems!
Buy Mission Single Door Pantry Cabinet Now
I bought this cabinet a couple of days ago and was very excited about it. We wanted to use it as a storage unit for my elderly mother's painting supplies in the kitchen next to her chair. It took me about 2 hours to put it together. Very inferior quality. Cheap particle board and what looks like plastic laminate all over. First, sides did not line up very well and I had to force it. The backing is just a thin piece of cardboard and to install it you have to be very careful not to overshoot the particle board and nail into the inside of cabinet, which I did once. It chipped off about an inch of the inside. After getting it all put together the door does not close. There is plenty of room at the top and the bottom for the door to close however, the problem is in the middle. I checked all of the hardware and it seemed to be fine. Looking at it from a distance you can see the front leg (brace)is warped. I'm very disapointed because it's a very pretty piece. I'm taking it back to the store today. Granted, I bought it from Big Lots for only $79 but I'm glad I didn't buy it from other places for over $100.
Read Best Reviews of Mission Single Door Pantry Cabinet Here
Do not, under any circumstances, purchase this item. The assembly instructions are confusing & incomplete. The pressed wood is flimsy. Bolts, cam locks, & dowels simply fall out & cannot be locked into place. This is junk. Fine firewood, perhaps, but nothing else.
Want Mission Single Door Pantry Cabinet Discount?
A piece of crap. Took several hours to attempt to assemble. The wood pieces and screw holes did not line up and I had to attempt to MacGyver it to make it work. Once it was FINALLY together, it looked flimsy and lopsided like something out of a Seuss book. I put my items in it anyway. It promptly collapsed. I was so angry that I took it to the curb.
It could have been a cute piece of needed furniture. Do not waste your money. I will never purchase Ameriwood products again.
Save 54% Off
No comments:
Post a Comment